Since September 2004 I am doing postgraduate research at
in Belgium. From September
My research focuses on the use of loudspeakers and
microphones as musical instruments. My supervising
produced by a loudspeaker). I am interested in the active influence by microphones and loudspeakers, not only
on the final sounding result but also on composing processes and conceptual ideas.
I am especially concentrating on:
- the prepared loudspeaker
- different ways of using amplification
- movement and preparation of microphones
- especially designed loudspeakers
- loudspeakers used as a generator for other resonators
- spatialisation with loudspeakers
General observations and theoretical reflections will be illustrated and developed in several case studies.
Among others, I look at the instruments using a lot of contact microphones and pick-ups by Hugh Davies
and at the disposition of loudspeakers in the works of Luigi Nono.